Logo

Tohatsu 35 M35A

meverett

"I am trying to remove the gea

"I am trying to remove the gearbox (It is the model that is always in gear), removed the 2 bolts but something else is holding it on, driveshaft? Is there anything else that needs to be removed?
The number printed on it is 309 28428, any idea of year?
Many thanks for any info."

Just the two leg bolts. The ye

Just the two leg bolts. The year would be difficult to determine because it pre dates current records....But its an 80's model

Thanks for that.
Do you know

Thanks for that.
Do you know the fuel ratio for this model.
I was told it was 100:1 but after looking deeper I found it should be 50:1. I'm now not sure what it should be.
Many thanks again.

"On a side note....They were o

"On a side note....They were originally designed for 100:1, but it didn't leave much of a safety margin so the requirement was set at 50:1. At 50:1 you get that protection edge if the cooling system fails."

I know this is old but iv searched and searched . iv been trying to locate a prop for my m35a . its 12 spines and dealers and most shops act like that motor never existed. They look identical to a m40c but I haven't seen one in person. I'd like to know if I could swap to a m40c lower unit or maybe just the sprop shaft for the 13 splines so I can get props easy.

Back