Logo

Engines

redsnapper386

Regular Contributor
"guys,would the lt1 short bloc

"guys,would the lt1 short block 1993-1997 enterchange parts with my 1987 350.is the lt1 considered a 350.would my heads,cam,ect,bolt up.i have a chance to get one cheap,i just don't know about the fitment.thanks for advice,and recomendations."

"Nope,... An LT1 will Not wor

"Nope,... An LT1 will Not work in a boat,..
It's a Totally Different motor...."

The LT1 short block will work!

The LT1 short block will work! The marine parts will fit the block! I have done it before on a 1984 Galaxie with a OMC 350.

"I love this guy!... Michael,

"I love this guy!... Michael, you have proved that automotive engs can work for marine purposes! Im rebuiling a 81 camaro eng for a volvo penta setup,a winter project and Im sure after adding and changing and replacing some mandatory marine components it will work for me. Thanks!!!"

"[b]"The LT1 short block w

""The LT1 short block will work!"

Ayuh,... I'm sorry,...
But the LT1 is a Reverse cooled block that doesn't interchange parts with ANY of the other SBCs....

My WAGuess is,... You were workin' on something Other than an LT1 block....

"you have proved that automotive engs can work for marine purposes!"

Ayuh,... Myself, nor Any of the other Regular Posters have ever stated automotive motors Can't or Aren't used in marine applications,....
Most I/O motors are Based on automotive motors...
But,...
All automotive engines can NOT be installed in a boat.....
Just Some,... And only after swapping out a few parts..."

Bondo et al:

Remember the m

Bondo et al:

Remember the man who tried to use a 350 truck engine this summer? He even tried to marinize it by changing the head gaskets and installed a marine cam but had a continuous pinging problem.

I think he finally bought a marine engine.

Back