Logo

30 HP M30A3

jimkirk

"I have a 1996 30 HP M30-A3 th

"I have a 1996 30 HP M30-A3 that has a dead zone about half throttle. Any throttle before that spot before or after is just fine. Engine cranks easy without much choking and idles smooth with out any hessation until about mid throttle. Checked and changed spark plugs and have swapped between two new set just to make sure of firing. I have pulled and cleaned the carb throughly three times, I only found just a small flake of trash(black pepper sized)the first cleaning and nothing the other two times. I removed both jets and sprayed and cleaned with air and carb cleaner. I made sure that all the tiny holes were clean and open, I could see light thru each of them. I have cleaned my fuel tank and air dryed it also. I also replaced the hose bulb and pumped clean gas out of the hose before connecting it to engine, I also pumped clean gas out thru the fuel pump before connecting the fuel line to carb. I even carried it to my dealer for cleaning before I started my own cleaning. The fuel pump is pumping fuel when the engine is running. Any ideas what would cause my problem?
Jimmy K"

"No ...it just does not take t

"No ...it just does not take the gas. If I floor it it goes to WOT with out pause, if I pull back to half throttle pulses... or if I go from idle to half throttle ...it goes smooth up to then.

Jk"

This condition is under load .

This condition is under load ... Alumicraft Crappie jon 14' 200 lbs driver ...two large batteries
JK

Removed carb again(4th tim

Removed carb again(4th time)...cleaned every hole(the angled ones that are drill to the jet chambers..used a small piece of copper wire)...all the jets ...soaked good with carb cleaner... blowed out everything with air ... fire it up...sounds better ... tested with water hose attachment...will put in lake and try running again soon.

Thanks for any other suggestion as to what may be wrong.

Jimmy K

"I don't know of anything

"I don't know of anything that would cause that at half speed, but there is a point at about 1800 RPM where you might get a momentary roughness as the engine transitions from the low to high speed jets."

Ok ..ran it today on a lake...

Ok ..ran it today on a lake...cranks good runs good ... idles a little ruff... I think I can work that out with some adjustment. I did notice that I had put an older set of spark plugs back in during my swaps in and out ... think I try one of the new sets before adjusting any more...good to know about the jet swap over...that could be useful in the future.
Thanks again
Jimmy K.

Back