Logo

What hp and year is my evinrude motor

temil

"I have aquired a boat and mot

"I have aquired a boat and motor, and need to find out the hp and year of the boat. upon looking at the mortor I find no stamping and or tags that will tell me what hp and year the motor is. where will I find the information? It is a four cyl"

"There should be a plate carry

"There should be a plate carrying the model number (and serial number) on the transom bracket. Sometimes it can also be found on a plug , a disc about the size of a quarter, on the power head"

I dont see any plate or plug o

I dont see any plate or plug on the transom. would it be possible to use some part numbers that are on diffrent parts to identify the engine?

"The core plug, if it exists,

"The core plug, if it exists, will look like a quarter sized freeze out plug, and will usually be located on top of the block near the port cylinder head gasket. If there, what are the numbers?

Describe the powerhead's distributor, under the flywheel, at the rear of the engine, where do the plug wires exit from?

If no distributor, try to describe something that will give us a clue."

"I did not see a core plug.

"I did not see a core plug.
the distrutor is about 4x6 plugs are at bottom. all plug wires are at the front half of the cap
4 screw to hold on spark plugs are champion j8c
numbers on valve cover? 30557 number on fly wheel 580241, number on fuel pump 377113
engine cove is a red color v4 emblem looks like a emblem that said starlite on either side of the back of the cover."

Back