Logo

No oil in one cylinder1989 90 hp

coledtime

1989 suzuki 90 hp oil injected

1989 suzuki 90 hp oil injected Enigine starting running slugish so I checked the plugs and one had metal in it. The cylinder had metal melted in it because it is not getting any oil. Any ideas on why it is not getting oil but all other cylinders are?

"Hello Cole,

actually the

"Hello Cole,

actually the reason it burned up is because one carb leaned out and it became so hot it melted the top of the piston
its referred to as detonation you need new piston rings head gasket and base gasket as well as carb kits as long as no aluminium attached to the side wall of the head hone it out reassemble"

"It is the piston to the right

"It is the piston to the right. I already removed the melted metal to free it up, but here is a pic if you can tell anything.it is the bottom one giving me issues
292012.jpg
cylinder

i need to see the piston out o

i need to see the piston out of the cylinder and the intake cylinder and the exhaust port

then i can tell you what happened

"I took the oil pump out and r

"I took the oil pump out and ran it with a drill and oil came out all four points, but it did not squirt out very quick, is it supposed to. it kind of just dripped out. Also when I removed the oil pump, a very little bit of water came out."

"Reuptake of oil, crankcase de

"Reuptake of oil, crankcase design, oil injection systen are to blame always with the starboard side cylinder # 3 in V-4's and starboard side cylinder # 5 in V-6's. It is a must to make sure that the oil flows before taking it out. Use Suzuki oil always and start that engine even at home with the ear muffs. 2 strokes are always known for clogging when sitting up and you have no forgiveness with small oil lines and even smaller brass oil fittings that clog and corode. I have several Suzukis because that are made to embarass the competition and the reason why the competition hates them is because they fear what they do not understand. American outboards have always been behind the eight ball especially with Suzuki."

Re: "Reuptake of oil, crankcase de

Hello brence51. I hope you are doing very well.

I have a DT200 with a hose that comes from the bottom to the upper side on the engine...I was thinking on removing the oil injection system, but I dont know if I can also block these pipes that lubricate the engine...will this bring me issues in the engine??...Do I leave the oil injection system and just clean it?...I have the issue the engine stops when is im gear...in neutral works perfectly...any help please...

Back