Logo

2005 Yamaha power Loss

towers

"Not expecting this problem wi

"Not expecting this problem with a 2005.. The engine runs and idles fine , when you hit the throttle it starves for fuel, kind of dogs out .. has no power over 2500Rpm, I expected problems from Ethonal and Drained fuel Tank, changed all filters , brought it to a marina and had all injectors looked at and compression check-(still a loss of power ) brought it to another marina with yamaha certified mechanics for diagnostic check, They suspected the TPS ( Throttle positioning Sensor ) that was changed and still no power . Now they are Stumped ?? Motor maybe has 300HRS , ANY IDEAS ????"

"This Motor is a Yamaha 150Hp

"This Motor is a Yamaha 150Hp ,,, The power loss is alittle higher than 2500 ,, about 3500 - 4500 ,, it will take off and go up to 5000 - 6000 ,, but backs off quickley ( drowns out )... it is like the fuel can not keep up ...Does anyone know if the Diagnostic check would show fuel presure ?"

"Mike, I assume that they chec

"Mike, I assume that they checked all the fuel connections?? Hose clamps? It worked for me. The clamp on the tank was loose. Lost a whole weekend for the turn of a screwdriver. Gus."

Back