Logo

AQ131 surging above 4000 rpm

goneposa

"Have an 89 Invader with AQ131

"Have an 89 Invader with AQ131D . Engine cranks and idles well and accelerates/planes well. It's starting to surge above 4000 rpm, drops about 50-100 rpms then goes back up. I've been thru entire fuel delivery over the last few months as part of maintenance. New pump, filter, anti-siphon and rebuilt carb. Searching thru old posts I see a recommendation for jumpering the + coil lead with battery. Can someone describe this ? Am I just bypassing ign switch altogether? Is it possible that the lead from ign switch causes this or does this test point to another cause. Strangely, I'v noticed that the coil wires on this boat seem to be reversed - white is on coil negative and purple is on coil positive. I have not changed this as this it the way I got the boat."

I had the same problem on my m

I had the same problem on my motor i retimed it then i found the stock spark wires inside the boot the metal piece that makes the connection to the spark plug was so far up in the boot that they hard time staying clicked and so i pushed the wire further into the boot and i havent had the problem since

Back