Logo

KAD 43 DP Oil leaking from Inspection plates and PCV Valve

maxsuds

"Aloha,

I run a KAD 43 DP

"Aloha,

I run a KAD 43 DP and I noticed oil leaking from all three inspection plates and I am getting excessive oil in my air cleaner through the PCV valve. Step one, changed the PCV valve. Step 2, removed all three inspection plates and resealed with factory recommended sealant. Let cure 72hrs. Started her up and at idle there were no leaks. When run under load at 3300 rpms for just 10mins the forward inspection plate began leaking. Removed and re-sealed the forward inspection plate. Let cure 30hrs. Started her up and under load 3300 rpms the center inspection plate is now leaking. Sealant is good, done right and good bead. I am still getting more than the normal mist of oil in my air cleaner through the PCV valve. My mechanic is suggesting worn, gummed, chipped piston rings. Any ideas, opinions, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated before I have to pull the engine. Thanks..."

"Normally caused by lack of &#

"Normally caused by lack of 'ventilation' and/or too high crank case pressure.
Check that the oil-trap is not blocked (#43) on attached pick.
291263.jpg
"

Thanks. I will check that and

Thanks. I will check that and get back to you. It would be brutal to pull out the engine which only has 2400 hrs on it and start digging around.

Back