Logo

1979 chrysler 75 hp

tjanddj

"Hi There,
I am working on a

"Hi There,
I am working on a 1979 Chrysler boat and 75 hp motor. Can anyone send me a pic of control assembly can't seem to get it back together correctly. Any help would be great. thanks Dennis"

"Control assembly ? throttle c

"Control assembly ? throttle control ? You might want to post a pic of the type you have, there are many differnt ones out there."

The original white single hand

The original white single handle control had a throttle arm in side the box pointing forward. You had to release the connector at the motor to assemble the throttle as the connector had a spring loaded connection.

The shift connected to the arm pointing down. It had 2 holes for the brass connector and you just choose the one that fit when the motor was in neutral. Once done- shift in gear (go kick the propeller if if it fights you) and throttle up a little -then connect the throttle. Don't put to much spring pressure on it or it all wears out to fast.

Next put back in neutral and check your neutral start switch for correct engagement. -It's on the side of the motor and has wires.

Back