Logo

Steering Pull

ruckus3313

Regular Contributor
"On my 270 outdrive, when the

"On my 270 outdrive, when the transom pin is in the middle position it steers nice and easy and is as straight as an arrow.however, when my transom pin is in the far out position, top speed is better but my steering wheel pulls hard left and is tight?? Any suggestions on what causes this and is there a fix to steer well in both transom positions?"

"The pulling is caused by the

"The pulling is caused by the prop side torque. To eliminate or minimize it, adjust the exhaust outlet in the outdrive a bit towards the side it pulls until you find a position where you are happy.

Unfortunately, there is not one position that will work under all circumstances, unless you run twin drives or go to duoprop."

"el,

in other words in the

"el,

in other words in the back position the boat pulls left so move the front of that exhaust tab towards port side??thx"

"If the bow tries to go to por

"If the bow tries to go to port side, it is the <u>rear</u> of the exhaust tab what you have to move towards port side."

"I might add that it does not

"I might add that it does not usually take much adjustment of the exhaust tab to make a big difference. On my 270, it used to pull really badly to one side and moving it about 1/3 of an inch made all the difference in the world."

Back