Logo

VRO ISSUE

21striper

"I have a new issue seems ever

"I have a new issue seems everyweek its something else. It's a '94 140 Johnson with VRO. On one of my last trips out the low oil horn sounded I check and had plenty of oil topped it off anyway but the horn still sounded intermitently I know I'm using oil because the level goes down in the tank. Last time out it was still doing the low oil horn but now the no oil alarm sounded, also intermitently. I ran back to the dock without either horn sounding. Could it be a faulty sensor in the oil tank that causes bogus low oil alarms and could this also cause the no oil alarm. Sorry for the long post."

"They are two totally diferent

"They are two totally diferent sensors. They cannot affect each other. The only thing that comes to mind would be if the charging system voltage is too high, or the incorrect spark plugs are being used. Either could cause interference to the VRO alarm module. I doubt it would affect the low oil sender though."

"Check the Tan wires make sure

"Check the Tan wires make sure they are not touching the plug wires etc , any short to ground will trigger a false alarm.
You can also follow the instruction in the manual for testing the VRO its easy.
Here is wonderful article that will help you understand the VRO and why the so call pros who will try to tell's you to disconnect it is WRONG !
http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/VRO.html"

Back