Logo

Disconnected oil injection 70ETLG

donnie_a

"I recently purchased this mot

"I recently purchased this motor the previous owner has disconnected the oil system, from what I can tell its just the wiring unhooked and oil line on the bottom of the resoirvoir. He was pre mixing the gas & oil for some time, in such a situation what would the proper mix ratio be?
the spark plugs have a nice light brown tone so it seems he wasnt running it too rich.
on sucha old motor I guess its not hurting it?
it does run very well I might add acelerates good smooth idle
he was a old waterman and I guess from what he says he didnt trust oil system.
the motor has some hrs. on it and I dont really plan on keeping but maybe a season or so I wanted the hull the motor came with the deal.
thanks for any help"

"if it's running good and

"if it's running good and the plugs are a nice tan color then just keep it like it is. use 2.6 ounces of outboard motor oil per gallon of gas, use the Stabil Marine and Ringree all the time, install a fuel/water seperator(Walmart $27), easy to bolt to your transom. I use the Pennzoil 100% Synthetic Marine(Walmart $26/gallon), costs more but burns very clean. drain carbs couple times per year just to be sure they're clean. Good Luck!
happy.gif
"

"I don't know what year it

"I don't know what year it is, but if that motor has been well maintained and is running good, then maybe you should just consider keeping it and enjoy it. might run for many more years with minimum trouble. a well-maintained 2 stroke premix can be very durable and dependable with less to go wrong than some of the newer motors....
happy.gif
just my opinion. Good Luck!"

Back