Logo

Aq130c getting to 110 deg help please

tonyr5500

"hi to every one,
am in need

"hi to every one,
am in need of sum help again please, engine starts and runs a ok goes in and out of gear as it should do thanks for the help on these past pob's i have had, now she is getting way to hot 110+ deg have put a new impeller in it there is water pumping around the engine i think! as there is sum water coming out of the leg but does'nt seem to be as much as my past boat but that was a diesel engine, have taken the distribution housing off and was going to take the thermostat out to see if it sorted the over heating out but when i took the housing off there was'nt a thermostat in there and didnt seem as if there had been any water going in there, what i did see is a load of metal in the tube under where the thermostat would have been any idea's where this metal could have come from and where should i start in finding out where the water is or is'nt going as we know that there is water coming from the leg up to the water pump,

many thanks any help would be great thanks again tony."

"Tony, two things you may want

"Tony, two things you may want to consider:

1) Check the water hose connector in the outdrive, it is probably corroded and in that case the pump will be sucking air instead of water.

2) Install a thermostat, for what I know those B20 engines run much hotter without one installed.

3) Check the exhaust manifold and engine block for scale."

"hi el p
there is water comin

"hi el p
there is water coming up from the leg, as i took the hose off after the water pump to see if there was water coming up from the leg, will see if i can find a thermostat can it be one from a b20 car engine or does it have to be a marine one?
also any ideas what all the metal could be in the engine under where the thermostat should be????
thanks tony."

"If the engine is raw water co

"If the engine is raw water cooled, you need the 'original' thermostat and no car thermostat. Max 64C. Without the thermostat water will not circulate the head and you are doomed.
What kind of 'metal'? Alu?, brass? Corroded iron?"

"Might just be 'scaling&#3

"Might just be 'scaling' from head and block.
If possible, remove the drain plug from the block and attach a nipple. Then hook up a water hose and try to 'back-flush' the system. Just be careful that you do not block raiser outlet and the copper water tubes!"

ok thanks to every one am off

ok thanks to every one am off to the boat in a bit will let you know how i get on later.

thanks again tony

"a big thanks to every one&#39

"a big thanks to every one's input again, have sorted the over heating out, there was sumthing in the tube after the water pump but before it goes into the oil cooler, am thinking it could be old impeller!!!
is there any way of stopping this happening again?

again many thanks for the help tony."

"Tony, replace the impeller ev

"Tony, replace the impeller every season and also never start the engine without a cooling water source is good advice for insuring that your impeller does not break up and end up downstream in the system."

"ok thanks bob will remenber t

"ok thanks bob will remenber that
happy.gif
"

Back