Logo

Water in My engine oil Suzuki DF 70 hp 1998

dfair

"Suzuki DF70 1998
I have had creamy engine oil. I was told to regasket the engine and it would be fine. Has anyone come across this before? I have regasketed the engine. Still have water getting in, about 1 liter after 5 hours of running. Could it be the rubber bushing on the water inlet pipe between the engine and the oil pan?"

yep see it all the time??? Is

yep see it all the time??? Is that from the gasket ghange or trolling with maine engine at
low RPM

"It looks like it's fixed.

"It looks like it's fixed. My fuel pump was leaking internally causing the cool fuel and the warm oil to condense,"

Re: Water in My engine oil Suzuki DF70 1998

Hi Dfair* i have the same motor ,size and year. Water is on plug* No. 2* and the engine oil is white .
Took off the Exhaust manifold ..all looked good.
Took off the Inlet side and water was in the intake tubes and pot No.2. The anodes were perfect.
The cooling box's* on the seperator and the 2 on the front of the crankshaft* were blocked and full
of "Macs "* flush that had gone to a thick slush. I will now use "Saltaway " for an engine flush.
The worst corrosion i have seen is the the Alloy cover( 3"* 2") Part 15612-99E01)*on the Vapor Seperator cover cooler.
I have not seen any thing with a whole in it.
The fuel pump sits on the valve rocker box and runs off a cam . it seems to be in good condition and pumps well .
Im loathe to take the head off as everthing else looks good ..apart from the sludge blocked cooling boxes on the
injection intakes. The 4 compressions are all even and 150 psi.
This has me really bluffed Any ideas out there please ??

Re: Water in My engine oil Suzuki DF70 1998

I learned that when you heat the saltwater to 180f by using a thermostat to cool the engine the salt will eat the cylinder head and makes lots of pits. water will enter the cylinder .head gasket was fine as it has plastic film protecting it . .
it took 650 hrs of engine time but it happen. you should always beware that taking an engine apart will break off bolts and it may even break the engine holder ($1000 retail) . your choices are as follow .. do a complete upper part over hull cost $6000 with a 30 day labor and one year parts warranty or put a new engine with 3 to 6 years of warranty depending on promotion for $11500 us dollar final after labor and tax. my motor was df 140 if you are reading this you need lots of money . .always clean your anode below prop and rinse the salt out of the cylinder head

Back