Logo

Aq140a backfires through carb

matthole

"I have twin aq140a engines th

"I have twin aq140a engines that I have recently gone through and put weber conversion kits as well as pertronics ignition kits on both motors. I adjusted the initial settings on the carbs on both motors, per the instruction manual. My starboard engine starts and idles fine, however, my port engine will not start, (just stumbles) and will backfire through the carb. I checked the routing of my plug wires and ensured that they are set the same as the starboard motor. I have not yet touched the timing on either motor. I figured I had to get them both running before I could adjust it. Could this be a timing issue? What else could it be?"

"If the timing was OK before t

"If the timing was OK before the conversion, that is probably not the issue. I would start checking for air leaks between the new manifold and engine or carb and manifold, and adjusting the idle mixture.

Did you swap two ignition wires by chance?

I would also make sure that the accelerator pump is working, and that there is fuel reaching the carb."

sorry for impossing on your th

sorry for impossing on your thread but i would like to know where i can buy theese conversion kits for the aq140a again sorry

Back