Logo

Oil change

"1. Warm the motors thoroughly

"1. Warm the motors thoroughly

2. Suck the oil out.

3. Drain and change the filter.

4. Put new oil in and...

Wait a minute, that's not what you asked. Seeing you have twin engines, you might be interested in my oil changing rig. (See photo.) I run one engine, to provide a vacuum source, while sucking the oil out of the other one. I then reverse the order. Works slick, and there's no spilled oil mess.

Jeff

290525.jpg
"

"Tony,

You need to suck the

"Tony,

You need to suck the oil out through the dipstick. If you don't feel like configuring your own contraption such as Fastjeff's modified propane tank, there are many vacuum type oil changers for sale that are very easy to use. Once you have one simply warm the enigines, remove the dipstick, insert the vacuum line into the dipstick opening all the way to the bottom of the oil pan and suck the oil out. It's easy."

"Jeff,

Is the oil/air sepa

"Jeff,

Is the oil/air separator the ones used for air compressors? and I can't see where the thin oil line to stick into the pan is attached to on the tank...or is it simply attached to teh heavier line to the oil pan as a straw?"

Most likely straight weight 30

Most likely straight weight 30w for cooler temps below 50 degrees and 40w above

"Al:

I eliminated the air/

"Al:

I eliminated the air/ oil separator-not needed. The hose that sucks the oil out comes out of the top of the tank. The vacuum source comes in at an angle. The dirty oil coming in goes all the way to the bottom of the tank in a pipe, so it doesn't get sucked back out by the vacuum.

Jeff"

Back