Logo

2008 Suzuki 250 SS

rippin_lips

"I have been having an issue s

"I have been having an issue since day 1 with my motor.Any time I run it over 5200 RPMs after it is warmed up, it shuts down with a Temp alarm.The dealer has replaced the water pump ,thermostate,Temp sensor.Water press gauge.It has right at 100 hrs on it now.Water pressure is now up to 5 psi sometimes.Tried opening the water intakes also.We have tried everything I think it is some defect on this motor.Any ideas? I will try and reach Suzuki myself."

"Our, brand new in May 2009, 2

"Our, brand new in May 2009, 250 ss is having similar problems. Ours has less than 20 hrs on it!!! It has been at two different dealerships (a total of 24 days to date) trying to get a resolution. Still not fixed as of Labor Day.

The first dealership replaced the thermostats (took them 3.5 weeks). Went back to the dealership we originally bought the boat from (for another two days) for an adjustment to the RPM range (lowered). Now fewer occurances, but now completely killing the motor.

It has NOT been fun dealing with Suzuki or the dealerships. They finally sent a Suzuki rep out for the second dealership visit.

By the way the motor is not overheating as the fault codes or the service guys would lead you to believe....checked the water coming out of the motor....same temp as the lake. The motor case is cool to the touch also. Its not an over heat issue. These occurances can happen in less than five minutes of initial operation.

This is pure torture to spend that kind of money on a motor and only have 20 hours on it. The dealer has had the boat more days than we have.

The boat is going back in again for the same issue this week....will keep you in the loop."

Back