Logo

Aq131b engine removal

ray68me

hi guys i am trying to remove

hi guys i am trying to remove my engine but it is stuck dont know if it is just the rust on the shaft going into the dampner or is there a set screw of some sort that i am missing any help appreciated

hi casey i didnt think the gea

hi casey i didnt think the geasrbox needed to be removed the splines on the shaft are stuck in the flywheel/dampner or do ineed to remove the driveshaft ??

I believe you need to remove t

I believe you need to remove the gear box to get the u-joints out of the way. The shaft may also be stuck to the u-joint spline.

ok ty i will try that tonight

ok ty i will try that tonight figures i just put the outdrive back on after servicing n o w off it comes again lol

"You may only have to remove t

"You may only have to remove the upper gear box and not the complete drive. I believe you would have to remove it anyway to install the new/rebuilt engine. Might be tough getting the u-joints and shaft lined up thru that little shaft/bearing hole on the engine side.
proud.gif
"

never thought about lining it

never thought about lining it up i assumed the shaft was pressed into the gimbel bearing and should stay and slide off the flywheel but i will take your advice tonight thanks for the help

Back