Logo

US Marine Force F5 150 Switchbox

drew_berlin

"I'm having a very difficu

"I'm having a very difficult time finding a switchbox for this engine, which was rebuilt about 10 years ago and is missing a serial number. I't a 5 cyl force 150 with a switchbox that one mechanic seems to remember as being part of US Marine days so the engine year is probably 89 or '90. The number on the switchbox is 332-4796 with a number 2 in a small box and xk in a circle. It has 7 holes for connectors but only 4 are used (Blue, Black, VIO/WHT, and Red or Purple). The block is 2" x 6" x 1" deep. Can anyone help me with a cross-reference number or even tell me if this part is available new or used. Also, has anyone had any luck using acetone to remove the potting material to get to the failed component or electronic part?
Thanks,
Drew"

"Try going to [url]www.crowley

"Try going to www.crowleymarine and look up parts for your Force engine. They have a great parts breakdown that you can use to find your part.Then use their part number and go onto the web or this site to find a location to buy the parts, if not from Crowley Marine themselves."

"Ok, I think I'm getting s

"Ok, I think I'm getting somewhere... The part I have is a converter not a switchbox. there is a new stator that takes away the need for the converter (17604796 k1). Now I need some more help woth installing the new stator. Does anyone know if I need to replace the rectifier with this new stator or does the original rectifier work with the new stator.
Someone knows this stuff and even though the correct answer to all of this is to throw the motor away, I just cant do that tight now.
thanks all,
Drew"

"Me again: replaced the Stator

"Me again: replaced the Stator and hooked everything up IAW directions... and she ran great for about 30 minutes then a huckup and that was it. Same thing, no fire again. Is it possible that something is killing the stator or converter or other CDI component? ANy help will be appreciated."

"It is always best to replace

"It is always best to replace the stator and rectifier together. Any of these parts that you find new are coming from www.rapair.com ; that is the only source I know of for Force ignition or electrical components. Everyone else is selling their products."

Back