Logo

Wire Colors for Instruments

rogiecrockett

"Hello,

First time user of

"Hello,

First time user of this forum. I checked for similar searches but did not see a similar post.

2008 DF70 mounted on a 2007 Ultracraft Trophy 166

I added an engine hour meter last year and during the process accidentally disconnected a wire [not certain which one] from the speedometer. When I put it back together, I attempted to reconnect what I thought was the correct wire back to the speedo. The fuel gauge, tachometer and voltage gauges all work. The speedometer is the only gage of the four that does not work.

I have googled the internet but cannot find information that would tell me what wire should be connected. There are extra wires in the console that I know are suppose to be extra. It does not look like for any of the wires that are free, there is any place on the speedo to connect them.

I am puzzled. I use GPS whenever I run but since I have a speedo, I would like it to work.

Any ideas? My dealer is 80 miles away and I hate to waste a drive and a fishing day for this.

Thanks,
Dave."

"Dave; Analog speedos are driv

"Dave; Analog speedos are driven off a pitot tube, either attached to the outside transom, or built into your engine. This is connected by a hollow black tube about 1/8th inch ID. There should be a brass connector tube exiting the back of the gauge. The wires only provide 12v for the lights, unless yours is a digital, of course."

Back