Logo

Hope Someone Can Help

killafornia

"Hi, hope someone can help.
I

"Hi, hope someone can help.
I have a 2005 1902 Trophy walk around powered by a 150 Mercury Saltwater.

1st question: I'm getting a solid alarm. The only time I get the alarm is when I'm under power at over 3200 rpm's and 12 knotts. When I throttle down to neutral the alarm stops after about 30 seconds. I can put it back into gear and stay under the said perimeters abd bit get the alarm, but once I throttle the alarm will sound. My oil level is normal, the water temp from the tell tail is 145 deg, my battery voltage is 13-14. I have noticed that my rpm's will jump sometimes from say 4200 to 5200 really fast as if the gauge is bad. On the electrical print it shows the alarm going to the tach, voltage, fuel than to the motor.

2nd question: When I first start the motor after it sitting for awhile (month at most) or when it's been off for a couple of hours, the starter engages the flywheel but does not fire, sometimes comming to a groaning stop as if the battery does not have the power to crank it over. After a few times of this it fires up. I put a video on youtube of it happening minus the battery sound.

Here's the video >>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBW_85wsvIs

Thanks for any help you give me.

Also, when I first start my motor it takes about 1-3 minutes for the water to flow from the tell tail at which time it's at 145 deg. Is it supposed to flow right from the get go or does a valve open up when it reaches 145 deg?"

"It can take a min or 2 for te

"It can take a min or 2 for tell tale to start to flow as there is a thermostatic valve inside the engine. As far as starting your engine is concerned i didn't think it started that bad from cold. How much did you prime the bulb, was it solid. It can take a while for the engine to pump the fuel into the carbs before it fires. I personally dont turn my engine over for that long. I give it a couple of seconds blast, pump the bulb then try again. I might have to do this 5 or 6 times before it fires then it will start easy. If you are turning your engine over for a long time you might be almost flattening the battery as the starter will suck many 10's of amps just to turnover."

Back