Logo

57 EFI no voltage to fuel pump

garybeez

Hi all: I have twin VP's 2

Hi all: I have twin VP's 2004 5.7GI-E (multiport injection)I was coming back from Martha's Vinyard this weekend and my port engine just died all of a sudden with no alarms or over heat. It took me 4 hours to get back to my dock on one engine. I check the fuel pumps and they weren't getting any voltage. I checked the fuses behind the flame arrestor - all good. I swapped the fuel pump relay with the spare and I got it to start/run for around 5 seconds. I ordered all new relays but I don't think that is the problem. Could it be the ECM block that is on the side just above the valve cover? Any thoughts???
Thanks all!

"Gary, the prime pulse for sta

"Gary, the prime pulse for starting the engines comes from the ecm's, the running power feed for the relays comes from the oil presure switch. you may have had that go bad."

Brett: I swapped the ECM from

Brett: I swapped the ECM from my other engine and I still get no power to the fuel pumps. Could it be the crankshaft sensor? I noticed I'm not getting the warning horn for the first 2 seconds when you turn the key on either. I really don't think it's a wiring issue but I guess I'll check it tonight more deeply. The engine only has 100 hours on it. It has to be something really stupid. I also pressed the 50amp breaker button thats near the wiring harness connector. Anyone else have any ideas on what to check?

Check your alternator. I think

Check your alternator. I think the relay needs signal from the alternator (field) to operate. However there seems to be some different versions out in Europe and US.

I found the problem! It was a

I found the problem! It was a broken blade connector INSIDE the fuse block where the fuel pump relay presses into. I had to machine out the rivets to look inside the fuse block. It was killing me to see what was inside.
Thanks all

Back