Logo

81L HO Captainbs Choice right bank cuts out

buckyshoes

"I have a 2009 Hackercraft wit

"I have a 2009 Hackercraft with a 2009 8.1L HO "Captain's Choice" Crusader in it. It has about 4 hours on it. The starboard side of the engine (all 4 cylinders) periodically cut out. I have found that wiggling the connector going to the wire harness feeding the 4 coils fixes the problem. I have seperated the connector and cleaned it (it looks perfect), but the problem still persists. Is there any kind of electro-conductive grease that should be in the connector to improve conductivity? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy"

"Sounds like it should still b

"Sounds like it should still be under warranty....I'd be calling the dealer requesting his prompt attention to fixing it. Could be a bad harness and the last thing you want to do is somemthing to void your warranty.

As far as a conductive grease on the connectors, none that i know of...we always use silicone (dielectric) to keep the moisture out."

"Yes, it is certainly under wa

"Yes, it is certainly under warranty, but I was looking to see if this is a common problem with a common solution. The guys at Hackercraft told me they have seen this problem before."

"Andrew, if the engine came wi

"Andrew, if the engine came with vessel and you are the new and only owner, they should fix it under warranty immediately, don't even think of fixing it yourself, particularly if they have seen it before. wow ... ask them what it is , how silly. step up to the plate hackercraft"

"If they told you they have se

"If they told you they have seen it before, did they offer a known solution.....something you can use to verify what the warranty service provider 'finds'?"

Back