Logo

125 Force wot shut down

eddiejames

"howdy folks
eddie here i

"howdy folks
eddie here i am having a prpblem with my 87'125 force. it idles smooth in or out of water runs great at w.o.t. for about 5 mins. then loses power. I changed stator, set carbs,replaced fuel line,& spark plugs. What is my malfunction? I know it is a force but this motor ran great!!!!!! Please help!!!!!"

Could it be heat related? Are

Could it be heat related? Are you seeing water out through the tell-tale? I had this same sort of behaviour and found out my heat alarm wasn't working.

"Eddie, did you ever get your

"Eddie, did you ever get your problem resolved? I have been having the same problem for awhile. Some days I can run w.o.t. without a problem. But most of the time I'm out I can't. My 88 Force125 will run perfect from idle in gear through 3/4 throttle, but when I go w.o.t. she starts to spit and sputter after about a minute. Then I back her down to 1/2 throttle and she runs fine. Then I take it back up to full throttle and a minute goes by and she starts to spit and sputter again. Sometimes almost to the point where she just about cuts out completely. Vapor lock? Starving of fuel? Getting to much fuel? I know it's not overheating. I know it's not bad fuel. My plugs look great. What the hell is it? It's not moisture in the fuel. Please help. Very frustrated."

"Ross
Yes i got my force 125

"Ross
Yes i got my force 125 up & running again!!! I had same problems with my motor. I had a fuel problem, there was a screen in the down spout of my fuel tank. I removed it becouse there is one on the motor & I have an in-line filter. Also I had a pin hole in my fuel line, I just spliced it!! Motor runs great now,in fact I just went fishing today & hauled in a load of fish, no problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ross
Yes i got my force 125

"Ross
Yes i got my force 125 up & running again!!! I had same problems with my motor. I had a fuel problem, there was a screen in the down spout of my fuel tank. I removed it becouse there is one on the motor & I have an in-line filter. Also I had a pin hole in my fuel line, I just spliced it!! Motor runs great now,in fact I just went fishing today & hauled in a load of fish, no problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Thanks for the reply Eddie.

"Thanks for the reply Eddie. I just ran a can of Seafoam through a tank of fuel and I could run wot all day. I still don't think the seafoam did it, because I beleive the problem will be back, but since I posted my message it's been running good. You did just give me another good thing to check with the screen in the down spout. I will see if I have one, but as far as the pinhole in the fuel line mine is all good. Thanks again for your reply and good luck with your Fuk'd Over Rebuilt Chrysler Engine!"

Back