Logo

Several PCM related questionsProblems

graphix

"1st: Did PCM use Windsors or

"1st: Did PCM use Windsors or Clevelands in there marine engines? 2nd: What type of coil do I use to replace the existing coil. I go to the parts store and as soon as I mention Marine engine they get all in a tiz and scratch there heads. I ended up buying a generic 12 volt coil out of desperation. 3rd: I am having a problem with this motor. The engine runs like a champ up to about 1600 RPMs then labors and bucks, spits and hesitates at the 1600 RPM mark. I have totally rebuilt my holley 650 carb and replaced all of the ignition components. The results are always the same. It seems that the misfires above 1400 RPMs are on the right bank of cylinders. I acts to me as if it is starving for fuel, but I have about 7 pounds of fuel pressure at the pump. I am at my wits end and would greatly appreciate any help I recieve. Thanks in advance......"

"Continued............Is it po

"Continued............Is it possible that my motor is going into "Limp" mode. Were engines equipt with that feature in 1992 and if so, is there a sensor that can be replaced or checked?"

"I have the same problem on 1

"I have the same problem on 1 of the 2 PCM chevy 305 engines (see Topic)
Also changed all ingnition components - no effect
(not the plugwires, will do this tomorrow)
Swapped carb. from other engine - no effect
Did not check the fuel pressure yet.......
Did bypass the fuelsupply with a small homemade fueltank straight onto the fuelpump - No effect
You can try this to make sure there is no problem with the fuelsupply (flow or bubbles)"

Back