Logo

Piranha Props for IO

flyboy

I was wondering in anyone was

I was wondering in anyone was using the composite props and how they seemed to fare as far as performance. I am looking at going to a 4 blade prop vs my current 3 blade metal. I don't want to pay for stainless but was getting mixed reviews about aluminum verses composite. They are cheaper for the most part but do they flex causing loss of performance. I don't care that much for the ease of changing the blades even though that is a perk. I don't have a habit of halibut fishing in 2 feet of water:)

"Depending on what motor and o

"Depending on what motor and outdrive you have, you have to consider 2 things performance or economy. I choose somewhere in the middle unless you have a boat 25' or more. Composite seems to be the new thing now and is easy on the outdrive if you hit something like rocks or run aground."

"I've have and have used a

"I've have and have used and sold Piranha, My Nephew has a Piranha on his 08 Glastron 205 with a 5.0 with 22p 4bld and hits 45+ @ 4800-5200 RPM ( with a head wind and the bimini up )

Personally, I like them, I used a 4 blade on my personal boat and seemed to get better fuel usage and good performance,

Consider this, I also when I hit some rocks I took the tip off 1 blade, scratched a 2nd blade and no damage to the other 2 blades, had a minor vibration but if the damage to the 2 blades was worse I coul've removed them put the other 2 opposite of each other and still got home.

I beleive I'd have less damage hitting anything with the Piranha VS Alum and SS and Still have Good Perf at a Alum price, and I dont need to wait for the prop shop to repair.

Also I know that If you purchase a set of blades you can return them and they will send you a different set as long as the ones you send are undamaged.

A light tap loosens and installs the blades.

Oh and the Hubs have a lifetime warranty. And dont require any thrust washer or Castle washer."

Back