Logo

Barr exhaust manifold cooling tubes

60grit

What direction do the holes on

What direction do the holes on the tube go... The end of the tube is flared and doesn't make for a clean make-up with the gasket and end cover. Can i cut the flare off and solder the tube so it is flush in the manifold? I could only assume the tubes slide in from the forward end of the manifold to the aft end...74 era 318 chrysler raw water cooled with a sherwood 60 pump

"Robert:

How about neither!

"Robert:

How about neither! Seriously. I accidentally left the tube out on Mr. Port and that manifold ran cooler than the other three. Eventually, I tossed them all out and have run without them for years.

One caution: On mine, the water comes in the front, near the alternator. (It's supposed to come in low and at the rear, go up and forward, enter the slots in the tube, then flow backwards and out.) If yours is NOT like mine, put the tube in with the slots aimed to the front.

Jeff"

"thanks for the information.

"thanks for the information. When i pulled the manifolds the stbd had a tube and the port did not. the motor when it ran, had good consistant temps. I bought brand new barr manifolds becaose the others were corroded and warped. My intension for this motor is not to have any problems in the long run. the tube that was in was slide in from the front on the stbd side. If i can get away with out them I am all for it."

You can IF the water comes in

You can IF the water comes in from the front (alternator end) of the motor.

Jeff

Back