Logo

How to remove carb 1987 8HP Evinrude

mcgurk

"I was given a 1987 8HP motor

"I was given a 1987 8HP motor for my dinghy. Model: CE8RCUD S/N: B1399186. It hasn't been used in years. I want to replace the plugs, impeller, and rebuild the carb because it has been sitting for so long. Plugs & impeller no problem. But the carb has me stopped. One nut, port side, is obsured by the rewind starter coil. How do you get the carb off? Can you remove the rewinder without the spring going for a walk?"

"Yes, you need to remove the

"Yes, you need to remove the rewind starter, and yes the spring should stay on but I can't remember at the moment, but they are usualy separate."

"Thanks Brian,
I took off the

"Thanks Brian,
I took off the top two mounting bolts on the rewinder assembly and was able to move the rewinder out of the way. I did not remove it completely as the spring was still attached at the bottom. Got the carb off, rebuilt and back on. Started up after a couple of pulls on the rope.

One new problem, the primer gismo had the output nipple & hose pop off. It is a pressed on connection. Ordered a new Housing and Nipple assy from this site. I'll let you know when I get it installed.
Thanks,John"

Back