Logo

Volvo 57Gi Fuel cutoff at high RPMs

chezgus

I could really use everyone&#3

I could really use everyone's help. I have a '03 Chaparral 254 w/5.7Gi Volvo w/MPI. Don't use it much. I changed the fuel filter and still having problems with cut-off at hi-RPMs. I couldn't find the anti-syphon valve along the fuel hose. Please help.

"At what "high RPMs" ?

"At what "high RPMs" ???
The anti siphon valve is usually located in the right angle fitting that the fuel line attaches to at the tank. Replace it if you want to, but DO NOT REMOVE IT."

"Thank you for your response.

"Thank you for your response. Between idle and 1500 RPM, I generally don't have a problem, an occasional sputter. But when I am at 2,000 RPM and above while in drive, it starts missing, popping, backfiring within 15 secs. The same happens at above 2,000 RPM in idle after a minute. It sure sounds like it's 'fuel-starved', but with fuel injection, I'm afraid it could be anything. I'll remove the fitting at the tank and if that's the ASV, I'll REPLACE it right away. I'll let you all know. Thanks so much!}"

"Please let me know if you hav

"Please let me know if you have found a solution to this problem. The same thing happened to me, I was cruising along about 4500 rpms and the boat just shot down to under 3000 and now wont go any higher and when I go full throttle it just sputters and spits. [email protected] 214-274-8092"

"Thanks for the info Jay. FYI

"Thanks for the info Jay. FYI ... I changed the anti-syphon valve and it did nothing. I still have the same problem. When I fast idle (3,000 RPM), it will begin to pop, miss and backfire after a minute. In drive, it runs OK below 2,000 RPM for about 2 minutes. It won't go above 2,500 RPM without the missing and backfiring. However, when I turn the engine off and restart it, it seems to reset the problem and it gives me another minute of use without any problems. I may post another thread to see if we can get any additional help. Thanks to all!"

"Cesar and Jay, I think your b

"Cesar and Jay, I think your both in power reduction. your computer will not let the engine run higher for fear of engine damage, you need to have it scanned or scan it yourself with a light kit and get the codes out of it."

Thank you Brett! This sounds

Thank you Brett! This sounds like the most reasonable solution. What is a light kit? It sounds like the programmer that I use on my Diesel. I'll try and hunt one down. Thanks!

Hello (Jay). I've

Hello (Jay). I've been looking for the scanner or light kit and have not been successful. Does anyone have any resource (online or store) that they would be able to sell this to me (the consumer). None of the local reps here (San Diego) businesses want to sell it to me. Thanks!

"they used to heve them on eba

"they used to heve them on ebay, mercury volvo efi code readers, it is a small block that plugs to the aldl connector, you turn your key on and it puts the computer into test mode, blinks the led light for codes. they may ahve them for sale here, they are at marine parts express (no affilation, just got mine there) under codemate efi code reader. will work on gm systems merc or volvo"

Back