Logo

1974 70hp johnson outboard

17arrowglassstinger

Contributing Member
hello i have a problem when i

hello i have a problem when i go to start my motor it wont turn over when i turn the key its just silent when i hook up the battery jumper to it it turns over and then when i stop and try again it does it again connections are clean and tight battery is fully charged and holds a charge what could this be the boat is stuck in the water till i figure this out and get it started cause theres no spark either

"}<font face=""arial,helve

"}<font face=""arial,helvetica""><font size=""+1"">HI MATT ... THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BAD CABLE ..I WOULD CHANGE THE TIP BY CUTTING OFF OLD ONE AND CRIMP ON NEW LEAD TO CABLE</font></font>}. CHECK CONDITION OF WIRE AFTER CUTTING OFF END. COULD SHOW COLOR WHICH OF COURSE IS BAD. I KNOW IT DOESNT MAKE SENCE BECAUSE JUMPER WORKS BUT THAT MIGHT BE JUST ADDING PUSH TO WORN CABLE.."

"Brent, no need to SHOUT [b]HE

"Brent, no need to SHOUT HERE

Could be bad Igition Key, Corrosion in harness connector, bad Starter Solenoid, and can be bad starter cables."

cut off ends and still nothing

cut off ends and still nothing took out plugs and tried to start no spark at all held them against block still nothing cleaned all ground wires and still nuttin i wana check power pack and coil pack

Back