Logo

Solex carburators on AQ145A in Holland

jeroen

"Good day all, I have AQ145A w

"Good day all, I have AQ145A with double solex carburators. When engine is off, the carburator-valves are come completely back to 'neutral'. However, when engine runs than the valves stay 'slight' open and rpm stays far above 800 rpm which is not ideal. I cleaned and greased all parts but no improvement. Also the cable is not the cause. Is there perhaps an kind of 'vacuum' in the carbs which causes this. Now I placed an pull-spring on the carbs in order to get the valves back to 'neutral'. Does anybody recognise this ??!! regards, Jeroen"

"I have AQ145A motor and Idle

"I have AQ145A motor and Idle at 900-1100 this is what mine is set at and I do not have any problems,You might what to check your points gap & timimg and start there."

"This has to do with the idle

"This has to do with the idle set screw programming an idle rpm that requires the "valves" stay open slightly to produce the scheduled rpm. I threw my solex carbs away but to the best of my recollection, on each carb, turn the idle set screw to reduce the idle to just where the engine will stay running, adjust the mixture screw for best lean rpm, readjust idle screw. Then balance your two carbs with a uniflow(?) tool. Do a search here to get the proper balance procedure."

Back