Logo

7hp wards sea king

blackbarn79

"Hello everyone, I'm a new

"Hello everyone, I'm a newbie just bought an aluminum boat with a 7hp wards sea king motor, model K7002107A. What is the proper fuel mixture and spark plug gap? also where can I get the copupling that fits onto the end of the fuel line that comes from the gas tank?"

"Most of those fuel couplings

"Most of those fuel couplings were a chrysler OB fitting. You should be running 24/1 chain saw 2 stroke oil, not tcw marine oil.

Many of those motors ran fine off the built in tank as the remote tank had to be pretty close to the motor as the pumps were pretty weak. Also put some clear line between the fuel connector and the pump or carb so you can detect bubbles indicating an air leak.

If you would like a book on the motor send me an e-mail."

I also just purchased this sam

I also just purchased this same engine K700 it came with a tank on the tank it says to use a 50/1 mixture. i dont know the plug gap.

I also want to know if anyone knows where to get a prop for this motor i want to change the pitch but dont know what manufactures use the same type or is it exclusive to this motor.

"I can only remeber 2 differen

"I can only remeber 2 different props for any of the Air cooled. They drove them different, some had a pin in front, and some had a drive pin on the back. You might try "twincities outboard" on line they have piles of stuff. Also "Sanford Goodies" on E-bay. "Eska certified Parts" 1-800-356-0777 may put you on to a new prop too.

I've been reccommending 24/1 for most as they had an aluminumn rod with a tin shell for a big end bearing running a bunch of free floating needles. So while new they might have liked 50/1, ????? You can fatten them up enough to compensate the extra oil with the main jet adjustment. If it has a fixed jet, your probably going to need to run the 50/1."

"regarding the 7hp clinton sea

"regarding the 7hp clinton sea king motor, model K7002107A,what is the correct spark plug and gap? also what is proper adjustment on the screw at bottom of carb bowl?"

Re: "Most of those fuel couplings

hello
i would like any info u have on the 7 hp sea king motor u have. i have one but no manual.
Thanks Ken

"Most of those fuel couplings were a chrysler OB fitting. You should be running 24/1 chain saw 2 stroke oil, not tcw marine oil.

Many of those motors ran fine off the built in tank as the remote tank had to be pretty close to the motor as the pumps were pretty weak. Also put some clear line between the fuel connector and the pump or carb so you can detect bubbles indicating an air leak.

If you would like a book on the motor send me an e-mail."

hello
i also have a 7 hp sea king motor. it run fine but i have no manual or info. it is air cooled. no way to lube the lower unit. it must have grease in the bearing and out put shaft. also must have a seal in the upper shaft to keep water out. what type of grease would u use to lube the lower unit?
thanks ken

Back