Logo

Nissan 30HP 4stroke WOT Low RPMs

glogsdon1

Just purchased a Crestliner wi

Just purchased a Crestliner with this 2004 Nissan 30HP 4-stroke. At WOT the most I can get is about 4500 RPM. The manual states the range should be 5250 to 6250 RPM. It also states that with the long shaft version it would come with a 9.9x11 prop. Mine has a 9.9x10 which as I understand should already be giving me more RPMs. Any suggestions?

That size engine does not come

That size engine does not come with a propeller from the factory. The selling dealer specified the pitch that they wanted shipped with it. Propeller selection is always done by trial and error to get the best pitch for any given application. You would either have to try a lower pitch prop or take the engine into a dealer to see if it has some sort of problem.

I installed a 9.9x9 prop. Now

I installed a 9.9x9 prop. Now I can get 5600 RPM with two a board and trimmed out. Seems to be the answer.

I have a Tohatsu 6HP - new thi

I have a Tohatsu 6HP - new this summer. It is idling too fast and it jerks when you put it in gear. In forward I need it to go slow enough to run a trot line.

"Take it into a dealer as it i

"Take it into a dealer as it is covered by warranty....However, if there is nothing wrong with it they will charge you."

Back