Logo

Draining Seawater System

mitch2008

Totally new to boats and just

Totally new to boats and just bought a 2008 Sea Ray 175 Sport and a little confused as to draining the "sea water system" should this be done every time it has been in the water? Also the boat has only done 15 hrs but drive unit oil and power steering levels both a little low? I must remind everyone it is all new to me. Havent had the boat in the water yet as witing for trailer registration. Cheers

"Boat should be under warrenty

"Boat should be under warrenty, top off the fluids and go enjoy it.

If you use it in the salt water the get some "ear muffs" that fit on the outdrive and hook fresh water (from garden hose) and run engine for 30 minutes on fresh water to flush after salt water use. Draining only drains the salt water, flushing it flushes most of it out of the engine.........

If you are using it in fresh water then you do not have to do anything except when winter comes along. (winterize the boat) have someone who knows how show you and watch and learn."

"Cheers, have got a set of &#3

"Cheers, have got a set of "ear muffs" and have ran engine with fresh water running through so I guess that should be ok, sorry but I think you will probably getting loads more dumb questions from me."

Also if you store the boat wit

Also if you store the boat with the outdrive in the down position it will drain the leg completely (but not the motor cooling system).

Back