Logo

2004 81 RPMs Up and Down at 3100 RPms

mmarrou

"Hello,

I replaced the two

"Hello,

I replaced the two elbows on one of my engines after I got water in two cycinders. The engine ran fine for 3 hours, but yesterday, after running for one hour, the RPMs stateded going up and Down (crusing at 3100 RPMs) for about 3 minutes and then it eran fine. Any suggestions?"

Crud in the tank?

Shared ta

Crud in the tank?

Shared tanks or dedicated tanks?

Did you pull the manifolds off to change the elbows?

"Thanks,

Dedicated tank. I

"Thanks,

Dedicated tank. I did not pull the manifolds as the mechanic told me that is was not needed (fresh water and sea water cooled). I was thinking of checking the fuel filters later today?"

"Changing the filters wouldn&#

"Changing the filters wouldn't hurt.

You can also check the vent line to the tank - make sure it is kink free, no low spots, and the fitting outside of the ull is clean. some styles are preferred for mud wasps and the like."

"Hi makomark,

I drained the

"Hi makomark,

I drained the gas filter yesterday (the gas was a bit yellow – not clear). I ran the boat and it ran well. Hopefully stays this way.

Thanks for your help.
MM"

"That yellow crap was a water/

"That yellow crap was a water/ ethanol solution that does not like to burn. keep changing those separators, and you'd better add some conditioner (like Star Tron).

Jeff"

"Jeff,

Thanks. Do you reco

"Jeff,

Thanks. Do you recommend changing the filters or can I get away with just draining the gas out of the filter casing?

MM"

Back