Logo

Honda BF 50 4 STROKE

sailerman

"Hi i have a Honda 50 BF 4 str

"Hi i have a Honda 50 BF 4 stroke ,i am having problem,s sometimes there is water coming out of the pisser,then it stop,s start,s to over heat,checked the termostat,ran a hose down the head,ran 100lb mono down through the pisser to see if it was blocked no joy,impeller has just been changed and it,s in the right way,any idea,s."

"When you replaced the water p

"When you replaced the water pump impeller, were there missing fins from the old impeller?

If so, they must be found and removed as they never dissolve, but can cause blockage and overheating."

"Hi the old impeller was perfe

"Hi the old impeller was perfect,i am bringing it in to get checked out ,think it is a waterpump problem,fed up with it at this stage,it,s a 07 engine around 100 hrs on it."

"Sounds like four possibilitie

"Sounds like four possibilities to me...
1. Intake screens clogged. Pull them off and check.
2. One of the water lines has come loose. Check all and tighten as necessary.
3. During change out of the impeller, some junk got into the water lines. Need to backwash all water lines.
4. Water pump housing is worn from injested sand and grit. Requires a new water pump housing."

"Hi i say you right about the

"Hi i say you right about the water pump end of it ,i will probably have to replace the whole unit,i don,t think the engine was flushed out at all by it,s last owner,s and it was only used at sea."

"Hi i got it sorted,waterpump

"Hi i got it sorted,waterpump gasket was history,so she was sucking in air,replaced the housing as well,seem,s fine now fingers crossed,thank,s for all of your replie,s."

Back