Logo

165 HP Chevy Inline 6

freebird4all

"So, I just bought a 23' 1

"So, I just bought a 23' 1966 Seabird Walkaround Cuddy that is the coolest fishing boat ever. I know the engine is a 165 HP inline 6. The Previous owner has told me that it's a chevy and is an early to mid 80's model. To properly care for this engine I need to get some specs. Is there any way to find out more info on this engine so I can go to the parts store for replacement parts and such?"

What kind of parts are you loo

What kind of parts are you looking for ?

THere are many websites like the one you are on that you can purchase parts and manuals from.

"not necessarily looking for p

"not necessarily looking for parts yet. I just want to be prepared in case I need to work on it. I'm not familiar with the engine and I want to be able to jump straight to a solution if something goes wrong. It's a rather old engine and even though I've heard that these inline 6 engines go forever, I like to be prepared. I'll start with the Seloc manual and go from there I guess unless you have a better suggestion. Thanks Brian."

"You used to be able to downlo

"You used to be able to download the Mercruiser Manuals from time to time but are now not avaialble again, I have a pdf of the Mercruiser manual,

#2 90-71707 1974-1977 Engines & Drives - All
#3 90-95693 1978-1984 Engines - All 4, L6 & V8

I have my own hosting, give me a day or two to get it uploaded and let you know.

-brian"

"I am uploading the #2 manual

"I am uploading the #2 manual now.. it's going to be a few hours, I'll let you know when it's ready.

1gb file but I have a 5mb-10mb upload speed.. good thing.."

uploaded and ready to DL.. &#4

uploaded and ready to DL.. ( download ) updated the webpage with the link to..

Back