Logo

454 TBI Crusader engine wont start

surething

"has spark,fuel pump did not c

"has spark,fuel pump did not come on when ignition key was turned on -hot wired fuel pump-worked ok - check engine light does not come on when key is turned on -injectors not pulsating when engine is cranked - any suggestions on what to check next?"

"a little more info would go a

"a little more info would go a long way ... like which year.

Many of the fuel pumps have a oil pressure activated switch, independent of the computer.

If you are sure the injectors aren't firing, no check engine light, and no fuel pump...sounds like the computer - did you check its fuse?"

"its a 1997 phoenix - there is

"its a 1997 phoenix - there is a box at the oil filler tube which has 4 curcuit breakers in it and one of them is for the fuel pump and one is for the ECM = the other two are not marked but they checked ok = i was thinking of switching the computers on the engines to see if there was any effect -otherwise, how would i be sure if its the computer?"

"You can swap the computers.

"You can swap the computers.

The best way to verify the culprit is to get a scan tool, not a code reader. RINDA makes one of the better ones."

"Check the ignition relay. Thi

"Check the ignition relay. This is what powers the ECM, fuel pump, coil, etc. I had this issue earlier this year and was fixed with a 15 dollar part from your local NAPA auto parts store."

I swaped computers and the eng

I swaped computers and the engine started.Thank you. Kwow I need the fuel injection control module. This is the unit that I called the computer. The sticker on the unit is CM 454 XLI and the part number is 47049. The year is a 1997.

Did the 'bad one' work

Did the 'bad one' work on the other engine?

just wondering if it was a connector vs the computer....

"If you have trouble finding a

"If you have trouble finding another one, I'd recommend checking with Rick Sweeten:
http://www.linesixservices.com/
he posts frequently on these boards.

I've been happy with his service. He's a premier crusader dealer and is very well versed in marine matters of all types."

Back