Logo

Prestolite distributor advance springs

76luhrs

Trying to find distributor adv

Trying to find distributor advance springs for a 1989 454 Crusader with Prestolite electronic distributor. Old ones are broken.

"I can tell you that the Crusa

"I can tell you that the Crusader part number is 37065. I also need these, and am about to order some Mallory dist. springs from PAW, Hoping they are close enough."

"Here's the scoop on the p

"Here's the scoop on the prestolite stuff - sold to ametek in 2000. found a prestolite referral from late last year. toll free number - can't hurt to try. If they have them, I'd get a few spare sets.

Ametek
37 North Valley Road Building 4
P.O. Box 1764
Paoli, PA 19301
Tel: 610-647-2121
Toll: 1-800-473-1286
Fax: 610-296-3412 U.S.A.

I didn't see anything on the ametek www site"

"So far no luck with springs.

"So far no luck with springs. Did call Ametek was told none availible,checked NAPA,Salvo also no luck."

Try Jegs or Summit Racing on-l

Try Jegs or Summit Racing on-line. Use a racing spring kit for GM distributors (Chevy).

Jeff

"I'd see if there's a

"I'd see if there's a 'speed shop' in your area. Call them and ask if they can recommend a good shop for rebuilding distributors. those are the people that will have a viable solution. If they don't have a turn-key replacement, they will be able to mod the springs they do have and can verify the timing curve, too."

"Ordered the Pertronix units f

"Ordered the Pertronix units from Summit. Replacement unit at marine supply are Prestolite!
Will get new parts on tuesday this week,let you know how they work out."

"Dennis:

what do you mean h

"Dennis:

what do you mean here:
Replacement unit at marine supply are Prestolite! ?

Is this a shop, web outfit, etc?"

Local marine supply in Pasaden

Local marine supply in Pasadena Md. The only units they have in stock are Prestolite. Decided to get other brand for ease of parts availible. Can't see using same type if you can't get parts.

Concur with your selection....

Concur with your selection.....wonder if they are still stocked because they couldn't send them back???

Back