Logo

270 leg question

tonyr5500

"hi guys,
would like to say a

"hi guys,
would like to say a big thank you to every one that helped me with the engine probs i had on my aq130, managed to get her up and running was very drity air filters they was that bad they was all most black.
now to my next question if you dont mind,
all the other boat i have had have'nt had a leg they have all been outboards or prop shafts, today went to put her into forward gear and the leg seem to make a knocking noise as it went into gear as it did when i put the leg into reverse it seemed to make the knocking noise again is this nomal for a leg???
many thanks tony"

"hi there,
its was around 95

"hi there,
its was around 950-1000 rpm
i was reading sum of the old posts to see if any one had the same thing in the past but could'nt seem to find any one i ermenber reading one that said she should idle at around 950-1000 so am not sure if it should do this????
thanks for taking the time to ask
tony."

"What oil are you using? If to

"What oil are you using? If too thin, that could lead to hard clutch engagement.

Also, make sure the tachometer is reading the correct RPM."

sorry which oil do you mean th

sorry which oil do you mean the one in the engine or in the leg? have only just changed the rpm gauge as the vovlo one didnt work right and at times not at tall

thanks tony

"The one in the leg. The speci

"The one in the leg. The specifications are "same oil as the engine", but if the oil is too thin that could be the problem.

Also, you may want to use a timing light with tachometer or a digital tachometer to verify that your newly installed tachometer is giving the correct reading."

"the leg was changed by a mari

"the leg was changed by a marine company about 3 weeks ago, it was'nt new but looked alot cleaner than the one that was on her, will have to talk to them on thursday when go to the boat as iam not sure what oil is in there, how do i check the oil? do i have to take her out of the water or can i do it when the tide goes out?
thanks for your help"

You will have to talk to the c

You will have to talk to the company that installed the leg and ask them what oil did they fill it with.

"hi to all hope you are all ok

"hi to all hope you are all ok, i think that i have sorted the prob with the leg is still make a small knock when put into gear, the reason that it was knocking so much was the gear linkage in the leg was half a turn off which was stopping the leg from coming all the way out of gear, thanks again to every one for the help knowing me i will be back soon with another prob antill then thanks.

tony"

Back