Logo

1993 force 120 no spark

"Sounds like we are in the sam

"Sounds like we are in the same boat.
Looking at the wiring diagrams, I think we have the same electronic parts. Yours being a 4 banger vs my 5, that is if you have the Thunderbolt ignition system.
Looking at the diagram, it appears to me the stator is only used to charge the battery. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm leaning more toward the switch box, trigger or converter box (I don't think you have a converter on your motor). Unfortunately, I don't know of away to test them electrically without a DVA meter.
If you have a manual, there's some checks you can do with a simple DVM. Never know what you might find. Good Luck"

"The stator creates electrical

"The stator creates electrical energy from the magnets in the flywheel passing the coils that make up the stator. It sends this to the powerpack which stores and changes the voltage from AC to DC volts. The trigger, also under the flywheel sends a small voltage to the powerpack depending on the flywheel position, this releases the stored electricity to the coils which step it up and on to fire the plugs. The battery is only there to turn the motor over, it has no play on the ignition system. I copied this from another post. hope it helps."

"Dewayne..
Just found my prob

"Dewayne..
Just found my problem..It's the ignition switch..
It's gounding out the run circuit, like it should when you turn the switch to off.
On my motor I disconnected the wire coming from the key switch to the switch box. This wire grounds the ignition sustem when you go to the off position. Engine then fired right up, it kept running when I turned the key switch to off (I expected that), I then turned the key back to the on position, reconnected the wire and the engine died. I'm going to take a close look at the wiring aound the switch first, if all is ok,I'm off to get an ignition switch.
PS..I can't take credit for this as someone told me to check out this circuit..glad they did."

Back