Logo

57L MAG MPI fuel pump will not prime

rapsidy

"I have just re installed my e

"I have just re installed my engine after a rebuild.Normally when I turn the ignition key the fuel pump would prime for a few seconds before starting the engine.This is not working now.I cannot get power to the fuel pump.I have bypassed the kill switch, the pigtail onto the engine harness, checked the fuses, tested the two relays, checked the grounds onto the engine frame, checked the connections on the starter motor but still no joy. Please, has anybody any suggestions. Thanks"

"Billy Cashman
Take the pump

"Billy Cashman
Take the pump out and bench test it, if good, then start going down the line to the power source.
Bert"

"Thanks Bert,
I t

"Thanks Bert,
I think I have found the problem. I removed the complete harness and opened the loom. There were a number of very dodgy connections that were very hard to find, that I have repaired.I am re fitting it tomorrow so I will be back hopefully with good news. Regards, Billy."

I had this exact same problem

I had this exact same problem just 2 weeks ago. The damn pin connectors are notorious for connection issues. Make sure you tighten the jubilee clip up good when refitting.

Damien.

"Thanks Damien,

"Thanks Damien,
I am glad to report I am back in business.What was deceiving is checking with a multimeter I had 12 volts calling in the pump and ignition relays but the pump would not run.The connections inside the loom were so poor they would not allow enough current to operate anything.The loom has plastic flexible conduit which is bound with insulation tape at the junctions. I do not know if this was all origional manufacture but if it was it looks like very poor quality workmanship. Regards and thanks, Billy."

Back