Logo

1948 Wards SeaKing 5hp 84GG9014A Manual needed

danielb1

"Hi all, I have a 1948 (p

"Hi all, I have a 1948 (per discount-marine-parts.com) 5HP Sea King motor made by Gale (GG) model # 84GG9014A serial # 208060. I am hoping someone might have an owners manual that they could copy for me (PDF preferable). I would really appreciate a shop manual also. I can pay via PayPal or check if need be.

I can only get the motor to run for a few seconds IF I spray a little starting fluid in the cylinders. I've only done that twice but don't want to push my luck and use the starting fluid anymore.

I need to know the plug type, points, impeller to buy. My local marine supplier sold me a carb rebuild kit that wasn't right based on their aging the motor at 1956 (vs 1948).

Thanks in Advance,
Dan"

Re: "Hi all, I have a 1948 (p

"Hi all, I have a 1948 (per discount-marine-parts.com) 5HP Sea King motor made by Gale (GG) model # 84GG9014A serial # 208060. I am hoping someone might have an owners manual that they could copy for me (PDF preferable). I would really appreciate a shop manual also. I can pay via PayPal or check if need be.

I can only get the motor to run for a few seconds IF I spray a little starting fluid in the cylinders. I've only done that twice but don't want to push my luck and use the starting fluid anymore.

I need to know the plug type, points, impeller to buy. My local marine supplier sold me a carb rebuild kit that wasn't right based on their aging the motor at 1956 (vs 1948).

Thanks in Advance,
Dan"

Hey dan... i got almost the same motor.. did u find a manual, cus i need one too, lol... send me email let me know.. [email protected]

Back