Logo

AQ151 Solex Carb accelorator pump

dtatro

As described by so many people

As described by so many people with solex carbs. I am having the same flat spot at about 1100 1200 RPM. I alway have to pump thru it. the carbs are soaked blowed out and new kits installed. Is there an easy way to readjust the Accl pump for more fuel at low throttle angles.
should the accl pump come in just before the throttle opens. Linkage adjust info Please !!! the AQ linkage looks like a 1 to 1 ratio as far as the accl pum is concerned.

"David, this has been discusse

"David, this has been discussed before. Check here.

http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12487/87092.shtml

The only thing is that you may actually have to decrease rather than increase the amount of fuel being squirted during acceleration.

If you do a bit of research in google, you will find out that the combination of Bosch mechanical advance (no vacuum) distributors (0 231 178 009) with Solex carbs is prone to have a flat spot during acceleration from idle. The distributor in your engine is supposedly a Bosch 0 231 178 017 with just mechanical advance (fairly similar to the 009), and the symptoms you and many others have described are the same as in the old VWs."

"I've had pretty good luck

"I've had pretty good luck with mine. I adjusted the accelerator pumps so that they both come on when the throttle shaft just starts to engage the fork on the carb. Basically, the accel pump is being compressed as the throttle plate begins to open."

Does any one know where to buy

Does any one know where to buy low speed jet for the 1 barrel solex carb 44P (AQ151) I want to faten the low speed jet (UPsize)

Back