Logo

Help needed with my aq130 please

tonyr5500

"hi guys
am new here and in n

"hi guys
am new here and in need of sum help if you dont mind please, i have an aq130 (c) i think!! with a 270 drive in the boat that i got about a month ago, had to change the leg as it had seen better days, put her into the water started up with no prob's run fine for around 10-15 mins but then she blow the exhust elbow and rubber tube that comes off the elbow replaced them, went to start her up today for the 1st time after replacing the elbow ect, she didnt want to know got her running after a few trys but she was running like a pig, miss firing ect turned her off as she was trying to cut out, took the plugs out and they was black so cleaned them up put them back in and tryed again started a bit easyer but still miss firing farting ect went to rev her she started to run faster but missed fired again and cut out????????
if any one has had this or knows why she is doing this please help,
also just behide the water pump there is a small hole and there is water coming out of this into the engine bay i know this should'nt happen but dont know why she is doing this to again if any one can help please do.

many thanks tony"

"The hole by the water pump is

"The hole by the water pump is a tell-tale, which indicates the pump seals are gone.

I suspect the pump may have lost suction and the exhaust elbow got burned due to lack of cooling. If this is the case, you may have engine damage.

I would start running a compression test. If you have one or more cylinders showing a low reading, you probably have problems.

Also, you will have to remove the raw water pump from the engine, then install new seals and probably a new impeller as well."

"hi there thank you for the in

"hi there thank you for the info, am going to the boat on wednesday will start with the pump, had change the impeller before i started her yesterday as i was'nt sure if there was much if any water going into the engein, as she got hot relly fast going buy what you said about the elbow there was'nt any water coming in,
will have to see if i can get a compression test kit as i dont have one
thanks again will let you know how i get on
tony."

Back