Logo

How fast

vintage

Contributing Member
"My boat is a 1973 19-1/2 foot

"My boat is a 1973 19-1/2 foot with the 165hp motor. My speedo says it tops about 33 mph. I don't know about the accuracy of this speedo, but it seems like I am going faster than 33 mph. Does any one have a similar rig with an accurate top speed?

Thanks,
Eric"

"Hi Eric, what are your RPMS?

"Hi Eric, what are your RPMS? you know the pitot speedos aren't that acurate, right?

Depending on the Cell phone you have you might be able to get a GPS app for it to see what your actual is, handheld GPS can be had to.. maybe borrowed !!

My 74 topped about that but I have a 21' and I had about 100-110hp from the engine as it had a CAR cam(Nova).. :-("

"Hey Eric, I have an 18.5 foot

"Hey Eric, I have an 18.5 foot 185hp 1984 AMF Crestliner Nordic, its a heavy old V bottom and with a 17P prop and taching around 4800 rpms WOT - it will run around 43mph trimmed out. It will run around 48 with a 21P at around 4500rpm WOT but is tough getting going with many people in the boat. It is a mercruiser 488 with a 4bbl carb, I believe some call it a 3.7 litre. It has a 1.84 gear ratio outdrive."

"Thanks,...well there is the o

"Thanks,...well there is the other thing I forgot. The tach is not hooked up. Maybe I will do that next. I have a 19p prop. I will have a look at the tach and see if I can get that working.

Eric"

OK I got the tach. fixed and I

OK I got the tach. fixed and I'll see what the rpm's are at wide open and see what the speedo says.

Eric

Back