Logo

2000 Johnson 115

mikemac

"i have a 2000 javlin with a J

"i have a 2000 javlin with a Johnson 115 that is missing when i go more than a 1/4 of throttle to wide open and at times while it is missing i will feel like a cylinder starts firing and the boat will go on up on plane, one time it ran good all day for about 5 hours then started missing again.i removed fuel filter it was clean. i have removed all the carbs to see if they had trash in them, found nothing. have checked spark from all 4 cylinders with a spark tester and they all fired. replaced spark plugs and have had no luck. noticed that the fuel bulb does not stay hard! not sure if it should or not on this model. also was wondering if the power pack could cause a miss or if it would not even run. please help!"

"Fuel primer bulbs do not stay

"Fuel primer bulbs do not stay hard once the engine starts running.

What compression readings do you get on that engine?

With the s/plugs removed, the spark should jump a 7/16" gap with a strong blue lightning like flame.... a real SNAP! Does it?

The s/plugs you removed, did they all look alike or were one or more of them difference in appearance? If different, how so?

Check closely all connections leading from the timer base to the powerpack, and from the powerpack to the coils. The pins/sockets have a habit of being pushed back which makes for a poor connection..... also I have seen wires that have frayed bad or broken off from the pins/sockets BUT would still be secured in the rubber sockets, making and breaking contact. Check that possibility.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back