Logo

DT55DT65

julien

"I have a 1987 DT-55 motor, wo

"I have a 1987 DT-55 motor, works fine. I heard that you can crank up a DT-55 to 65hp with a simple adjustment, is it true? If so, how do you do it?"

I got a little more info on it

I got a little more info on it and it seems the basic motor is the same but different carbs(not just the jets) and a few more adjustments for everything to work good. Too much for what it's worth. I think I'll just play with the prop to try to give it a bit more giddy up go.
Thanks anyways.

How do I go about to finding t

How do I go about to finding the right ones?
And do you have to adjust the timing?
Thanks.

"I have compared most of the p

"I have compared most of the parts from my dt55 and a dt65 i have for spareparts, and the carburetors and the inlet cases from a dt65 are a lot bigger (dt55 27 and dt65 32) also the choke solenoide and silencer case is different. Now only some good weather to make a testrun
wink.gif

Sorry for my bad english
blush.gif
"

"I've been doing some home

"I've been doing some homework myself, I've compared parts manuels for the dt-55 and dt-65 and found a lot of different part numbers telling me they're not the same. I guess the guy who told me they were the same motor didn't know what he was talking about.
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
Julien"

"I bought a dt65 for spare par

"I bought a dt65 for spare parts because the cdi of my dt55 was broken , so i also changed the cdi and idle knob. Do you know any more parts that should be different ??
Carb and inlet cases are much much bigger
294768.jpg
"

"No I don't know. I starte

"No I don't know. I started with the carbs and seen that they were totally different so I didn't dig any deeper. I was just looking for a cheap and easy way to crank up the horsepower a bit.
If you're wondering for particular parts, I'd say compare parts manuals at your local Suzuki dealer for the parts you're looking to change, that's what I did."

Back