Logo

BATTERY CONCERNS AND SHIFTING ISSUES

hemipwr1

JUST NOTICE THE LAST 2 TIMES

JUST NOTICE THE LAST 2 TIMES I HAVE USE BOAT THAT THE BATTERY GAUGE IS SHOWING AROUND 10 TO 12 ON GAUAGE SO I CHECK ALL THE LEADS AND CHARGE THE BATTERY UP AND LOAD TESTED (OK)
THE NEXT TIME OUT IT SHOW AROUND 12 AT IDLE .
WHAN UNDER POWER IT FALLS BACK TO 10 OR SO !!

I HAVE A 2 BATTERY SYSTEM AND WHEN USING OTHER BATTERY IT CLOSE TO SAME BUT STILL GOES DOWN UNDER POWER BOTH BATTERIES ARE 3 TO 4 YRS OLD!!
ANY IDEAS!!!!!!
BOAT IS A 96 4.3 V-6

2ND QUESTION :

WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO ADJUST SHIFTING OF A 96 4.3 V-6 WITH ALHPA ONE GEN 2 REV. IS PERFECT FORWARD GRINDS AT TIME SAND TAKES LONG TO ENGAGED 1 OR 3 SECONDS!!!!

No caps please.

Batteries a

No caps please.

Batteries are @ the end of their useful life. Test the output of the alternator; 14.2 - 14.8 volts. Replace if less than that.

"Batteries,

With key off an

"Batteries,

With key off and the two batteries not connected or isolated from each other put a volt meter across the + and - terminals and measure the voltage.

each cell is worth about 2.1 to 2.2 vdc, so your battery at rest should be 12.6 to 12.8 volts.

If you measure under 12 volts you most likely have a dead cell. If you have one battery with a dead cell and you have both batteries "on" at the same time the bad one will pull the other down.

As far as your shifting,

there is a arm that the short shift cable connects to. there is a groove that the stud is in.
loosen the nut that holds the stud to the plastic arm and move it about 1/4 inch to start and see if that helps reverse to engage better.

288716.jpg
"

"Sorry for the crappy illistra

"Sorry for the crappy illistration, only one cup of java so far!!!"

Back