Logo

2000 43 Liter Volvo Penta GL Overheating

alans

"I have a 2000 Glastron with t

"I have a 2000 Glastron with the 4.3 Volvo Penta GL. I have it out a few times this year and it ran great. Two weeks ago, I took it out and run it a couple of hours and sat and swam for an hour. When I started it up and took off, it began overheating immediately. I wasn't real concerned, because this happend in the past and it was the impeller. I brought it home and pulled the impeller housing and the impeller was in great shape. I pulled the thermastat and found one of the outlets was restricted by part of the impeller that I changed in the past. I thought that would fix the problem. I changed the thermastat and removed the blockage and took it and backed it in the water and after a few minutes it began overheating again. It's almost as though water is not getting in the block at all. The day it overheated, we were running across the lake to the swimming place and I thought I heard the engine making a different hum. I thought it was my imagination at first, but now I'm not sure if that was when something happened. Anyway, that's my story. I don't want to spend alot of money finding the problem, so if anyone has suggestions, please help."

Back